This comforting pistachio latte is perfect for winter days. It blends sweet pistachio, vanilla, espresso and milk to create the perfect latte. This will be the number one requested drink in your house! It’s that good.
Any recipe with pistachio in it is amazing so when I heard people talking about pistachio lattes I just had to create it at home. Lots of the recipes you find online will use a pistachio syrup but this one uses pistachio butter to really up the flavors of the latte.
And the best part of this recipe is that it’s vegan! Starbucks version contains milk in the syrup for pistachio latte so it can never be fully vegan.
Disclaimer: Hi! this post may contain affiliate links which will take you to online retailers that sell products and services. If you click on one and buy something, I may earn a commission, see my Affiliate Disclosure for more details.
What’s in the Pistachio Latte?
Pistachio latte contains condensed milk, pistachio butter, vanilla, espresso and milk to create the delicious flavors of this latte.
If you’re wondering what pistachio butter is, it’s just like any nut spreads you traditionally get like peanut butter or almond butter. You can add this to cakes, ice cream, on your toast or use it for this recipe!
For this vegan pistachio latte recipe, you will just need a few ingredients:
- Pistachio Butter.
- Coconut Condensed Milk.
- Vanilla Extract.
- Oat Milk – preferably barista version as this is made to handle the heat and you will avoid your milk splitting. The brands I use are unsweetened.
- Espresso (double shot).
Most of the ingredients are easy to obtain in the supermarkets. I did by the end up buying the pistachio butter from Amazon as there was none in stock at my local.
Here are a few substitutions you could make:
- Swap the pistachio butter for pistachio syrup. The downside to this is it will make the recipe less creamy.
- Coconut condensed milk with the normal condensed milk (this won’t be vegan) or try Nestle carnation vegan condensed milk alternative.
- Use any of your favourite plant-based milk. I always recommend using a barista version when it comes to coffee recipes as this is made to handle the temperatures of steamed milk.
Tools For the Recipe
Equipment you will need to make the latte with:
- Small pot or saucepan.
- Espresso Machine – Moka Pot, Aeropress, Nespresso Machine or anything you can make an espresso with.
- 12oz or 330ml Glass.
How to Make a Pistachio Latte
Add 1 tbs (0.50 oz or 15 mL) pistachio butter, 2 tbs (1 oz or 30 mL) coconut condensed milk, 1 tsp (0.16 oz or 5 mL) vanilla extract and 8.45 oz (250 mL) oat milk into a saucepan. Put the saucepan on a low heat and whisk until all the ingredients have melted and combined.
Next make a double shot of espresso. For this, I used my Nespresso machine but any device that creates an espresso will do the job!
Combine the espresso with the pistachio milk into the 12oz (330 mL) glass.
If you want to make it extra special then add a layer of chocolate and pistachio to the rim of the cup. Simply melt some chocolate, crush some pistachios and then coat the rim of the glass in chocolate and crushed pistachios.
- Add 1 tbs (0.50 oz or 15 mL) pistachio butter, 2 tbs (1 oz or 30 mL) coconut condensed milk, 1 tsp (0.16 oz or 5 mL) vanilla extract and 8.45 oz (250 mL) oat milk into a saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on a low heat and whisk until all the ingredients have melted and combined.
- in 12 oz (330 mL) glass, add a double shot of espresso and combine milk mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 46gProtein: 7g
I am not a doctor or a dietician. The information I have presented and written within this site is intended for informational purposes only.